Hudson Our Rainbow Baby

5:07 PM

It had been 5 months since we lost the twins when I found out we were expecting Hudson. I was elated, scared and... dreading being pregnant again! I'm not a fan of being a uncomfortable whale for 9 months. But, none the less I accepted the challenge ahead (of course). 

I was nervous. Some how after losing a child(ren) you seem to worry more about everything. You just realize how fragile life isI had counted down the days since the moment I found out we were expecting him. I loved him before I felt his first kicks. And the morning had finally arrived that we were scheduled to meet.


We arrived at the hospital at 6am. All the nurses were ready for me and took me right to my "suite". As they prepped me for surgery (scheduled c-section) I could see Michael was anxious yet so excited. We had waited a very long time to hold a baby.  

By 6:45 they were wheeling me back. I kept asking if Michael could come in yet.. I was afraid they were going to forget him, I guess! 
Pretty soon he walked in. And a few moments later I heard my baby's cry. All I remember saying over and over is "Is he okay? Is he okay? are your sure he's ok? It's almost like I couldn't believe it was so easy this time. But it was! God is good! I cried almost as much as Hudson.

Drake came to see him that evening. Drake wasn't too excited to have a Brother, I think he was just nervous because he wasn't quite sure what to do with him. But over the next few weeks Drake fell head over heels in love with him. He doesn't leave the house without kissing his little Brother. I believe they will be great friends. 

Happy Birthday Hudson Michael Fuquay!
You are loved more than you'll ever know. 
January 2nd 2014 6lbs 12oz






Job 1:21
“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
    and naked I will depart.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
    may the name of the Lord be praised.”






You Might Also Like

0 comments