The unexpected arrival of Owen Michael Fuquay

8:31 AM

On Monday the 19th I went in to palm beach for my routine ultrasound. The tech told me that I hardly had any amniotic fluid and that what's left was "cloudy" they said I needed to go to Miami hospital ASAP.
So I went down to Miami, they did another ultrasound and it confirmed that the fluid was low, while I was there I started having
contractions that were 5min apart. They were painless but consistent .
They decided that my water could be low because i was dehydrated so they hooked me up to a iv and gave us a room for the night. By the next morning my fluid had gone from 4 to 9! Owen was showing no signs of distress and his heart rate was strong.
I was still contracting but they were giving me meds to help supposedly stop them . They weren't painful at all until around 8pm that night they became pretty intense.. My nurse kept saying oh, I'll bring you a Advil ... Ummm no. I finally said to her at 3am these are REALLY bad! So she decide to check me .. Sure enough I was 2cm dilated and 80% effaced. They started buzzing around like bees then! My doctor said to check me in a hour and if I'm the same then to just monitor me. An hour passed and I hadn't changed but that 3rd hour I had gone from 2cm to 5 1/2 cm fully effaced .. Next thing you know I was being wheeled in for my csection. The night before I had a doctor from the niccu come in and basically tell us that if Owen was to be born that even getting him to breath or to make it the first hour would be a challenge . Not including the surgery he needed to undergo. So as I was wheeled back I had every negative thought running through my head. I figured I was going to be giving birth and shortly saying my goodbyes to my little man.
I entered the surgical room that had 22 Drs., students ,nurses & surgeons standing waiting . Wow, this was serious. They decided that my blood count was low and they needed to put me completely out. Pretty soon the room faded.
I awoke to Michael standing next to me and a nurse pushing on my stomach as hard as she could I screamed out in pain... It was horrific . I had no pain meds in me all had worn off. I begged her to stop. Michael was livid I could see the worry on his face. They said my medicine was being sent over... Ummm really?! Cut me open an lay me here to die is how I felt.
Mean while Owen was still being worked on they pumped his chest 2x and he was breathing . They put him on a ventilator and he was stable .. The doctors were shocked at how well he was doing. They sent him by ambulance to Miami children's where they found he was doing so well that They were able to go in and do part of his heart procedure . They said he did perfect. Later on that night his blood pressure dropped a bit but they were able to catch it and bring him back to a good point.
I haven't seen him yet .. Only pictures. I want to hold him so bad. I'm still at Miami south hospital which isn't far from where Owens at but my pain level is pretty high and Im pretty worn out. As for now we are taking one day at a time waiting on Owen to gain weight so he can have his heart surgery and get well and come home.
I can't believe how well it's gone and there isn't a second that passes that I'm not thanking god.
Thank you for all who have been praying .

Ps
If this message is a little confusing I apologize I'm still on meds.







You Might Also Like

5 comments